Mason & Hamlin (letoff)

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 07 Feb 1996 09:27:06 -0600

At  3:32 AM 2/7/96 -0700, stanwood wrote:

>Your wrong here Dennis.  The problem is in the stack configuration.  It does
>not have to do with the capstan placement.  For instance, if you would push
>the heel of the wippen up with your finger the letoff problem will still
>occur, not matter where on the bottom of the wippen you push on.

_____________

But I had the understanding that this problem did not exist originally. Are
you saying then that the new parts are not a perfect match?  And sorry, I
still do not follow the argument that capstan placement would have no
effect. Accerlation rate is related to the let off rail position as well as
to dip. If the let off buttons were previously up quite far, it would
probably have to be modified as you increase dip, right? I did not mean to
imply that you created excessive dip, only that this let off rail would
have been designed for higher strike ratios.

Just trying to understand it myself.

Dennis.