piano in storage

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 07 Feb 1996 09:50:53 -0500

I recently accepted a job of rebuilding a 1910 Mason & Hamlin A. the piano
was stored in an unheated storage place for approximately 3 years. I am
replacing the pin block and strings and the action. The customer has not
opted to have the piano refinished at this time. The soundboard look ok now,
and there is good downbearing. I just moved into my shop, and was going to
let it sit for a couple of weeks before doing teh work.

Is there anything in particular I should watch out for, re: soundbard, rims,
posts, etc, further down the road?

Wim Blees  RPT
St. Louis