Mason & Hamlin

Dennis Johnson djohn@skypoint.com
Mon, 05 Feb 1996 22:40:28 -0600

>Stanwood wrote:

>Last weekend I completed a 1902 Mason & Hamlin CC (9' 4 1/2")action with new
>Renner parts.  .........

David,

Can you or someone else explain to me why the Renner M&H replacement shanks
are of the "European" style, with full leaverage and big knuckles?  I don't
happen to work on a lot of Mason & Hamlins, but I'm certain that the ones I
have seen all had less leverage and small knuckles. Your key ratio
modifications to this 1902 M&H imply that it originally had low leverage
shanks as well.   Thanks.

Dennis Johnson
djohn@skypoint.com