Accu-Tweaker anomoly

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 04 Feb 1996 20:52:48 -0500

Jim Harvey writes about his SAT not reading certain notes;
> Has this happened to anyone else? Lacking a better explanation,
 >     I'm beggining to think the microphone has a dead spot at this
  >   (approximate) frequency.

Jim, It is refreshing to know that in this scientific, computer chip, age we
live in that there is some originality in the hardware.  My SAT doesn't like
to read the G and G#s!!!!  I also tuned these notes aurally, but then, when I
am sure that the note is right, I go hunting for a harmonic that the machine
does like, and then I zero it and punch it in.
i.e.,  for one of my recording studio pianos, ( a Sanderson rescaled
Chickering 9'),  the G above mid C is tuned by the triple octave G tuned
somewhere like 14 cents sharper than it oughta be by the numbers!   Bizarre,
but once you get it tuned, any partial will do for an index .
regards\
Ed Foote