Accu-Tweaker anomoly

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sun, 04 Feb 1996 09:19:14 -0500 (EST)

     I've been reluctant to post this question until I had more data.
     Even now, I'm only partially confident about the accuracy of the
     following statements.

     I've noticed that the LED's on my Accu-Tuner are reluctant to
     "light up" on a certain note. I'm not talking about the
     rotational pattern; rather, the lights don't come on at all.
     Except for the note/octave LCD display, you'd think the machine
     had been turned off!

     I originally figured that it was the particular piano, or that I
     had made an error when inputting the note settings for that
     particular tuning page. Chipping the string doesn't seem to help.
     I inevitably end up aurally tuning the note.

     I'm now beginning to think it's the same note, B5, and that it
     happens regardless of what tuning page I'm on, and regardless of
     the piano being tuned.

     Has this happened to anyone else? Lacking a better explanation,
     I'm beggining to think the microphone has a dead spot at this
     (approximate) frequency.

     Thanks for any ideas on this matter.

     Jim Harvey/RPT