Pin Dope

Horace Greeley horace@compadept.com
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 19:52:04 -0800

At 07:21 PM 2/1/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Dick Day posted:
>>I agree but I have found that tilting the piano about 400 degrees to the
>>diasticuticle and then greasing the casters with almaguzam helps.
>>
>>Tunerdick
>>Marshall MI
>
>Help.  What are the meanings of diasticuticle and almaguzam, please?  Or
>are they inventions of your own?
>
>Keith A. McGavern, RPT

Keith,

I suspect that those terms share genetic material with the infamous
"gezortenblatz", well known to those of use who work on antique, low-tech
pianos with other pianistic oddities such as "frammenjammer"  and "clapsaddle".

Best,

Horace

Horace Greeley, RPT                       14 Pyxie Lane
Piano Technician & Consultant             San Carlos, CA 94070-1506
The Colburn School of Performing Arts           415.592.6620
Los Angeles, CA                           horace@compadept.com