Petrof and Samick quality

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 01 Feb 1996 10:38:47 -0600 (CST)

   An older student here has asked me about the Petrof & Samick pianos. I
searched the archives but couldn't come up with anything except the bass
string breakage on Samick thread.
   Does anyone have some experience servicing these pianos? How is their
overall quality, tuning stability, action? She was told that the Petrof
has a Renner action.
   She is hoping to buy a grand in the near future, so I would appreciate
any information, on the list or private, that anyone could share with me. I
have no experience with the Petrof and have only tuned a couple of Samick's
(not too impressed).
   Thanks.

Avery Todd, RPT
University of Houston