Plucking strings and sustain time

ricca@nuct.udallas.edu ricca@nuct.udallas.edu
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 15:15:07 -0500

I can say the following: Plucking, by using a fingernail or guitar
pick, avoids the problems of the piano hammer damping the strings (for
example, due to grooved hammers). However, I'm not certain about what
additional information this procedure would yield, or why. Perhaps
you could elucidate, Keith, on what is supposedly going on, or why
plucking was suggested in the first place...

Barney Ricca
ricca@nuct.udallas.edu