computer as tool

Gordon Wilson gwilson@prairienet.org
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 13:56:30 -0500 (CDT)

You would think that an occasional outburst, or humor, or deviation from
the established norm could be tolerated in any open society, which this
list, apparently is not.
No one is advocating turning this list into alt.sex.tooner.adolescent.
The self-righteous responses to this situation have only confirmed my
decision, years ago to go it alone and stay out of guilds.
I found it very interesting that everyone bearing a flame-thrower was
wearing the initials "PTG" and, more especially "RPT".
For my part, I had no intention of offending anyone.  If I did, I guess
you can keep me out with a firewall.  But, don't forget, it's guys like
us who help you avoid falling for the Rottweiler in the piano scam.

I am very grateful that I have had the opportunity to share with all of
you; it has been invaluable.  I'm especially grateful for the open access
to technical information for those of us who are not members.  Again, I
regret any offense to codes...none was intended.

I have always had a penchant for irony and humor in any situation. This
is not the first nor the last time it will get me into trouble.  But I
will certainly not inject my charred fingers into this discussion for a
long time to come!  However, I hope I may stay and watch.

BTW, I still believe Ben's point was well taken.

Gordon Wilson
56, going on 15