Credit cards

Gordon Wilson gwilson@prairienet.org
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 13:28:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995 Kam544@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Pianotech subscribers,
>
> This may not apply, but does anyone here have firsthand experience with
> accepting credit cards from customers for services rendered while servicing
> pianos?
>
> Keith A. McGavern, RPT
> Oklahoma Chapter 731

Keith:

I have had experience with accepting credit cards.  I have a capture
terminal in my office.  Most of the card-charges are sales, but now and
then I end up running a charge for lessons or tuning, etc.

I know it's a hassle running charges in the field,  thank goodness it
doesn't happen often.  I will take down number and exp. date, and I've
learned the hard way to always get a signature.  I haven't had a problem
with tuning/repair customers yet,  but if I do , I know where to find
them unless they move incredibly fast! ;-}

Gordon Wilson