Plucking strings

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 01:51:21 -0400

Dear Pianotech,

It has been brought to my attention by a colleague that there is more to
plucking strings than my simple conceptual process has heretofore grasped.

The type of plucking I am referring to is determining sustain time by
plucking in comparison to sustain time by direct hammer blow.

What has been introduced to me is that there is more to listen for than just
sustain time.  For the sake of this post, I am assuming prompt sound, after
sound, and decay to be considered as properties of the simple conceptual
process called "sustain time".

If there is more that is relevant by plucking alone, would someone reveal
what apparently I have never paid attention to in the past?

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731