Hot Hide Glue

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 12:01:58 -0500

At  9:02 AM 9/25/95 -0600, ATodd@UH.EDU wrote:
>   Is the Garrett Wade glue as reversible as the hot hide glue. I'm referring
>to steaming out busings, breaking the glue joints to hang another set of
>hammers, etc.

-------------

        I always use hide glue when felt is involved, and I knew that
someone would ask about removing hammers. I think that this is a residual
mentality left over from the days when we had poor selections of
replacement shanks and flanges. That is no longer the case. Of course it is
always recommended to test for optium strike point with samples before
hanging, but sometimes that is not possible. The Garrett Wade is indeed not
very reversible, but so far that has not been a problem for me.

        It is available from Garrett Wade.  (800) 221-2942

Dennis Johnson
johnsond@stolaf.edu
St. Olaf College