bridgecaps/hide glue

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 06:19:57 -0500

>Mr. Birkett,
>
>Thank you for forwarding my inquiries to Mr. Poletti.  He provided interesting
>and inciteful answers to several questions which have been concerning me for
>years.  If I confess to being an idiot, do you think he will answer a few
>more?  For instance:  How does one make a glue joint which lasts 150+ years?
>Also, any information on hammer-veneering would be welcome.
>
>Bob Hohf

Bob,

Your use of the word "inciteful" instead of "insightful" is in my opinion
an accurate representation of Mr. Poletti's rather caustic post. I agree
with others who view this list as a learning and sharing forum and not one
to demean the experience and skills of others.

Perhaps Mr. Poletti now regrets the "inciteful" spirit of his post. We can
only hope so...

Regards,

Tom Seay
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu