crank call

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 13:08:29 -0400

>Gordon, I personally haven't recieved any such call. Although... I'm
>curious... What is the rest of the conversation?
>
>Mike Cook
>Indianapolis

Mike,

Usually they're asking if I'll come out and fix the problem.  I'm expecting
some kind of joke line like the old, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?",
but anyone who has called me just keeps talking about how their wife is going
to kill them when she gets home.

The first time I got this call, it was someone saying their rottweiler caught
it's foot in the bass strings of the piano.  He sounded like he was pretty
drunk, and I thought maybe he had been fooling around with the dog,...but
then again a rottweiler isn't exactly the kind of dog I'd want to try that
with.

One thing I do have going for me is that I have a local (Maine only) 800
number where I get a listing of who called.  I noted the date and time of
this last call, so if the fool was dumb enough to call on that, I'll be able
to call him back when I get my next bill.  Wonder what -I'll_  say!!!!

Gordon Large
Mt. Vernon, Maine