hammer springs revisited

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 07:36:25 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who were so helpful about the hammer return springs. I'd
like to follow up on passing the buck to Pratt-Win (with a new rail), but
I am not sure how well I can identify the piano since it is a stencil,
with its own serial #'s. I thought it might be an Aeolian, but it has the
round rubber grommets on the lifters, and I don't think that's consistent
with Aeolian. The stencil name is "Schafer & Sons" which have used
everybody to make their pianos -- so anyway, is there a way to get enough
info to send to Pratt Win, or can I send the old rail, or should I just
get out my tools and go to work?

Bob Simmons, RPT