Service contracts: good, bad, or what?

MHoffman11@aol.com MHoffman11@aol.com
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 07:53:38 -0400

Hello all,

Here's a couple of questions I'd like to ask our experienced and seasoned
technicians\business owners on the list.

How do you deal with teachers that have multiple pianos?

My situation is this:  I tune for a teacher that has three pianos in her
studio, which she tunes twice per year. (They all have climate controls, so
the pitch level stays fairly stable ).  She has now asked if there is any way
to tune them more frequently, say monthly(!) so that they sound good all of
the time.  Needless to say, she's thinking that the money will be about the
same.

So I've been considering a monthly service contract idea.  Have any of you
had success with this sort of thing?

Any help would be appreciated and many apologizes if a newcomer to the list
has asked a question that has already been talked to death!

Stay Tuned!

Mike Hoffman, RPT