Many Topics (Clarification)

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Fri, 08 Sep 1995 19:21:38 -0400

Keith,

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  I meant a 50 cent net swing, i.e. from 25 cents
sharp to 25 cents flat.  Without the humidity control systems I would hate to
see what we would have.

As to who we are, the proactive view that you have adopted is, I feel, the
only really viable one open to us, the unsung heores of the music world.

The value of this forum is beyond my ability to praise high enough.  While
looking through some of the books in my library, I ran across my copy of the
proceedings of a number of technician's convocations from the early part of
this century.  I found people such as William Braid White, C.C. Chickering
and many others discussing many if the same subjects in a similar format to
what we do here.  However, we can carry on the discussions year-round from
the comfort of our own shops and allow the topics to develop in whatever
direction they will.  Then when we gather physically, as I found in
Albuquerque, we have a great framework to work with.  Plus, whatever we
discuss doesn't then lie dormant but is collectively pursued.  All in all I
can only try to encourage anyone who is not taking an active part in all of
this to get off the sidelines and stop worrying about whether they are right
are wrong.  The important thing is that we communicate.

There, I'm off of my soapbox now and look forward to whatever comes up next.

BTW, if we all sign our names, affiliations and address to our posts we can
all know each other better.

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Gilreath@aol.com

"Like the cithare om antiquity and the lute during the Renaissance, the piano
is to-day our most important musical instrument.  We could not imagine our
musical life without it."  -  Ernest Closson - History of the Piano 1947