High treble string breakage

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Wed, 06 Sep 1995 09:44:49 -0600

>the 20th century flavor I intentionally leave the hammers softer than I
>otherwise might.  This includes Kawais because of their very high tension
>scales and heavy use in practice rooms.

Out of curiosity, which Kawais do you have with "very high tension scales"?
While the "D" series KGs have a relatively (for Kawai) high tension of 19-21
tons, the GS series comes in around 17 tons according to the specs. Neither
of those seem to be "very high" and as far as I'm aware, Kawai is known for
their low tension scales.

                John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca