Service scheduling software?

Bill Spurlock, RPT 74077.3053@compuserve.com
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 17:24:31 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the great responses so far.

>>I have found that the good old month-at-a glance method works best for
appointment scheduling. I note whom I'm servicing, and the town where they're
located. I use memo slips for individual names and addresses.
Inputting scheduling info into a computer and then printing it out takes more
time than it it worth.

Ah, but I guess I neglected to mention that my problem is sloppy handwriting!
With the large calender mounted on the wall, a pen going dry halfway through the
name because it's held horizontally, and the inevitable appointment changes and
last minute squeeze-ins, it often gets unreadable. I'm sure though that typing
into a computer would have its own problems, as Russel Brown pointed out.

Our client database is integrated into our accounting program, so client service
histories, receivables, payables, sales tax, and income tax are all handled at
once. The only function I'm looking for in a scheduling program is a simple
calender on the screen, that would display the client name and town for each
appointment on each day of the month. I'm not even sure if such a thing is
possible, since it would have to display both my appointments and Fern's, often
in the same time slot. Maybe I'd do better to just mount the wall calender more
horizontally and try harder to write neatly!

Bill Spurlock