Yamaha C-3 buzzing

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 01:21:26 -0500

Randy Rush wrote:

> voice the hammer and/or install a piece of heavy carpet thread in the
>front duplex to reduce the objectionable upper partials - however this
>will reduce somewhat the singing quality produced by this part of the
>system, not to mention look a bit tacky.

and it made me think of the clear nail polish I just bought for those rare
but vital moments when I address a capo bar sing through noise, the tip came
from Scott Jones that a dab on the most offending string(s) (isolate and
check each string) on the rise (pin side of the bar) changes its tendency to
vibrate just enough without causing loss of power, and is difficult to see
unless you are looking for it.  Wonder if it would help in this model, which
I only work on as chance provides it, translate, not often.

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle