Thank you! (Was: Sostenuto regulation - Amer. S&S "L"

Thomas A. Sheehan aquinas@pipeline.com
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 21:46:01 -0500

My thanks to my generous colleagues who have responded with such detail and
thoroughness! I'm well on the way to completing the regulation, and it'll
be top performing, I'm sure. The piano is a 1991 "L" that's being used by a
double major at Juilliard (piano and cello). Can't imagine how anyone would
be able to attempt such a program and succeed!

Briefly quoting from one of the posts:

Joel Jones wrote:

>How are things going in the Big Apple? We were just blessed with
>7.5 " of wet heavy snow.   And as is our custom,. the sun came out and
>started to melt this great x-country ski base.  Oh well, more is predicted

>for later this week.

We're going through the normal seasonal temperature dance as we get midway
through the Fall. Today was in the 60s; tomorrow will be in the 30s. The
tree is being decorated in Rockefeller Center. The Thanksgiving Day parade
lost 4 balloons this year - gored on the branches of the trees that line
Central Park. "'Tis the season to be tuning."

My New Year's resolution is to retest and rejoin PTG. It is an organization
of magnificent people who are dedicated to this craft and the artisanry
that's possible to achieve in practicing it! Will always hold fond memories
and gratitude to the likes of Put Crowl, Hannah Grover, Charlie Cox, Allyn
Winslow and so many others in the Boston Chapter and elsewhere who helped
me develop as a technician, and who gave me the opportunity to contribute
their experience and ideas to others that I encountered.

Sorry to ramble, and thanks to all again!

Sincerely,

Thomas
--
Thomas A. Sheehan