Sostenuto regulation - American S&S Model "L"

Thomas A. Sheehan aquinas@pipeline.com
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 18:45:22 -0500

Dear Colleagues -

For the first time in more than a decade, I'm encountering a problem with
positioning the sostenuto rod properly to prevent the tabs from hopping up
on to the rod when it's engaged.

I'm wondering if there is an "E-Z" method of getting it right, so that I
don't have any tabs brushing against the rod when it's at the rest postion,
and so that other dampers, other than the ones being held by the rod, don't
hop up onto the rod. My approach so far is the "sincere" method -
positioning the rod, checking function, removing the action, repostioning
the rod, checking function, removing the action, repositioning the rod,
etc., etc.

Of course, the rod is attached to the action brackets.

Thanks in advance.
--
Thomas A. Sheehan
(lapsed PTG member - former President of the Boston Chapter)