Chickering plate screw location

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 10:04:30 -0500

> tried using dowel centers in the plate screw holes to mark the block.
>what is a better way to locate where to drill?

Gordon,

The last time I did one of these blocks I put some bits of more-tite putty
on the pin block section, in the approximate location of the holes, and set
the block into position.  After removing the block, the holes positions will
be accurately located by the impressions left in the putty. (more-tite is
that gray semi-sticky putty for sealing air leaks in windows).

David C. Stanwood