Overall damper weight

MR DAVID M SWARTZ NKLP55A@prodigy.com
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 11:52:27 -0500 (EST)

I've been curios as to know the optimum underlever weight/resistance
in relation to overall touchweight.  When we take our touchweight
measurements it is without the damper. When the pianist depresses the
keys, the underlever system comes into play increasing both
downweight and upweight, along with other factors that I may be
overlooking..  The overall friction existent in the underlever is
measured in a mathematical formula I'm sure...anyone that can shed
light on this I would be most grateful.  (P.S.)  All underlevers
aren't the same just as action geometry is not the same, so specific
"what's the best for this piano" should apply.  Certainly appreciate
your help.

Thanks,

Dave Swartz, RPT
Northwestern College