Teacher/Technician Relations (LONG)

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 18:38:39 -0500

Avery,
I gasped when I read a teacher had decided to open up the piano and "fix the
click" himself.  I don't know if its experience or jealousy talking, but I
get tense when non-techs play in my backyard.  On the other hand, I do all
the maintenance on my cars and enjoy it very much.  My mechanic and I have a
good rapport and I feel comfortable with his skills and he with mine- as long
as I don't make extra work for him.
 One thing I try to remember when working on anything vexxing- its not brain
surgery.

Thank you for having the gumption to try this project, I think I'll be
subscribing to the piano listserve for some more insight!

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com