Buzzing

Tom Rush tom@tarush.chattanooga.net
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 20:35:39 -0500 (EST)

I had to find a buzz in a brand-new Steinway that acted similarly, in that
just pushing down very gently on the top of the bridge stopped it.  After
some time spent looking, I finally found that the edge of one of the
bridge notches was _barely_ touching the non-speaking portion of a string.

It was difficult to isolate because the problem notch was located in the
section under the bass strings, and the contact was so light that touching
the bridge top at some distance away would stop the buzz.

Good luck..
--
Tom Rush
tom@tarush.chattanooga.net