Chickering Strikes Again

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 00:17:33 -0500

>I'd also like to know what kinds of concoctions people use on the plate
>flanges to mark the high spots on the block.  (I'm using an alcohol and
>graphite mix.  It works, but sure makes a mess)

I've always used carpenters' chalk.  Blue powder in ketchup dispenser.  I
chalk the plate, fit the block in and sand the blue chalk marks (high points)
until 90-100% of the block is blue.  I've also toyed with epoxy for fitting
the flange as tightly as possible.  It works in the short term, but I cannot
know absolutely whether it will hold up over the years.  Anyone else try it?

Eric Leatha
Tunrboy@aol.com