regulation

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:18:30 -0500

>As long as dealers are
>unwilling to pay enough to ensure that the job is done right, or let out
>their tuning and action work to the lowest bidder, incompetent, hastily-
>done, slipshod work will be the inevitable result. And no one seems to care.

The responsibility to educate the piano dealers and piano owners lies with
us, the technicians.  As a practicing technician and vice president of a
piano retailer I have fond that we can provide superior service at a
competitive price.  The most important part of this approach is education.
 Service is not something that we contract out or view as a necessary evil,
rather it is an integral part of the life of the piano and our business
philosophy.  BTW, we feel that floor service and warranty service should be
paid at the same rate as any other tuning or repair.

As a step in this direction, there are hang tags available to RPTs to place
on the piano on the showroom floor to show that the work was performed
competently and professionally.  Even though some people still disagree, the
more our clients know, the better off we all are.

So let's educate ourselves and our clients.

Allan Gilreath
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Gilreath@aol.com