politics politics

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:02:52 -0500

>>...I can't believe you rpt members.  What is going on here is exactly why I
am
not a member of the guild...<<

Your reason for not being a member of the Piano Technicians Guild is just one
of many excuses I have heard over the years, and ultimately not being a
member is your loss.  Of course, you will never know until you cross the line
and find out for yourself.

One thing I know for certain, you can play the game of excluding the PTG for
as long as you want, but the PTG will always include you when you are ready
to participate.  It's your choice.

>>...It's just all politics...<<

A brash statement.

>>...I do believe there is some good things about it, the magazine for
one...<<

Thank you.

>>...but this list is not operated by the PTG....<<

Technically you are correct, that is, this list is not operated by the PTG
Home Office.  However, this list exists as a special project activity of the
College and University Technicians committee (CAUT), which currently consists
of seven top flight RPTs', the CAUT was established by the Piano Technicians
Guild, whereby only Registered Piano Technicians (RPT) voted it into
existence during a council session.  Somehow, trying to remove PTG from the
picture of what is happening here doesn't make any sense at all.

>>...By the way, I am a professional piano tuner/technician going on 12 years

That's nice.  Maybe you have some skills you could share that we RPTs' don't
know yet.  But then, you would have to hang out with us.

>>...Can we please get back to a piano service, exchange of ideas & help?<<

Lead the way.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University