The Future of PTG

LeonSp@aol.com LeonSp@aol.com
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 00:01:43 -0500

THE FUTURE OF PTG.

I regret that this listserve, which is provided through the generosity of
BYU, has become a soundingboard for political issues of PTG.  I share the
concern expressed by others that this is not the forum for this material, but
since it has and since I am the focus of personal attack by some of the
material which is posted, I will respond briefly.

RE: 10 page letter by Mike Drost.  I received and read Mike's letter last
week for the first
time.  I will not attempt to answer on this forum the charges and innuendo
that Mike has
written.  I will simply state that I hope each of you who may have read it
will understand
that there are two sides to any issue and this is no exception.  I hope you
afford me an
opportunity to give you the other side.

 Some of the material he has written is simply not accurate;  i.e. it did not
happen at all!
Other characterizations of events that happened during our term together on
the Board
and are totally different from the facts as the rest of the Board experienced
them.  It is
unfortunate that an election loss has caused Mike to change his views of our
terms
together.  I received the following memo from Mike couple of weeks prior to
the
Albuquerque Convention:

Dear Leon & Sue
      As this year draws to its close, I just want to let you know how much I
appreciate all the time, effort and energy you give to PTG in general and to
your service on the Board.  Also, for the sacrifices made by your family
which make it all possible.  This has been no small price to pay for an
outcome that, by its very nature, remains illusive.

      The road we have traveled these past four years has not always been smooth
but, due to your strong convictions, we have not strayed from it.  It is my
desire to do all I can to move toward realizing what you are striving for
during the coming year.

      Knowing and working with you has indeed enriched my life and for that I am
truly grateful.

      Thank You Very Much.

      Sincerely,
      Mike

Additionally, I received the following from Mike at the end of the Management
Review
meeting in March of this year:

Leon,
.....................RE: yesterday--
      I also want you to know how extremely well I thought you handled the
situation and YOURSELF through yesterday's trying times.  It was very
demanding of all of us and wanted to let you know that I am still very proud
to be your Vice President.

I will be writing a response to Mike's letter in the near future.  This will
be available to
anyone who may want to see it.

RE: Wim Blees letter.  Much of the information contained in his letter is
false as should be clear to anyone who has kept themselves informed about PTG
the past few years.  Wim's characterization of the Long Range Planning
process is coming out of left field.  He simply doesn't know what he is
talking about.

I will be very glad to discuss any of these issues with anyone at any time

You can reach me by phone at 214-275-7343 or at my address of 7110 Forney
Rd.,
Dallas, Texas 75227.

Leon Speir
PTG President