FEEDBACK REQUESTED

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 00:36:02 -0500

Larry,
As you know, we are not hobbyists frittering away our hours driving around in
our cars.  We enjoy our work immensely, however, society has no room for
eccentrics who work for free.  If I were to win the lottery I would still be
out tuning.  Would I do it for free?  No.  That is a disservice to our fellow
technicians who MUST EARN A LIVING.
Let's see, you drove 15-20 miles to this person's home.  That amounts to
approximately  $5 in gas to and from the job.  The trip no doubt took you an
hour, what with your driving time, estimate, pleasantries and haggling.  And
you are no doubt worth more than $40/hour (At least that's what my shop
charges).  The estimate would still be a bargain at $45-$50.  What if they
had had a useless instrument, had it rebuilt or refinished only to find it
wasn't worth the firewood it was made of? ($6000-$7000)  Would $50 be too
much to spend to avoid such a costly and avoidable mistake?  We are
professionals, if you want our opinions, knowledge, experience and
craftsmanship, you will have to pony up and pay the tech.

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com