Artis bench querry

Joel A. Jones jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 12:44:27 -0600

>        What are the opinions on artist bences? I like the Jansen
>"scissor" type adjustment mechanism, and the price is $250 for black vinyl.
>What type mechansism does Poeschl use? Any and all comments welcome.
>We're getting ready to purchase 3 or 4 and want something that will last.
>I'm of the impression that the bench MAFCO sells doesn't hold up as well.
>
>John Minor, RPT
>University of Illinois
>jminor@uiuc.edu
>
>        Television: Chewing gum for the eyes.--Frank Lloyd Wright
>          ------------------------------------------------------
>            jminor@uiuc.edu//John Minor//University of Illinois

John,

Jansen also has a smaller version of the artist bench (J5 petite in the
catalog) that I find many pianists using.  Can't tell you why, but we have
performers searching it out and using it.  I believe it goes up highter and
is lighter than the standard bench.  Scissors action mechanism and while
the base is smaller it seems to hold up well.
        I haven't seen other benches or stools that I would consider.
Ordered some from Peoschl several years ago on a low bid which promptly
fell apart.  We were able to use the tops and bottoms by ordering the
mechanism from Jansen.  Costs us much more in the long run.