Was grey market, now ??

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:52:12 -0600

At  7:12 PM 11/9/95 -0700, AKarab@aol.com wrote:

>Having noticed the improvements and enjoyed working on the actions, I am
>puzzled by what "tension" you are talking about, and who would be exploding?
>
>Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle

__________________

Well, as I thought was implied, I was talking about customers who want to
know why their expensive new Steinway needed, or will need so much work to
perform optimally.

As I tread on thin ice, it is not my intension in any why to blast this
respected manufacturer, but there are dissatisified customers. I happen to
know a few, and one particular case is becoming unpleasant. My response has
been that you are buying potiential, and the good news is that the problems
are fixable.

Example: Grossly uneven pinning on a new piano is not the fault of climate
abuse. This is supported by the evidence that repinning will not restore an
even touch.

Example 2: Why was lubing the jack spring hole discontinued? These
frequently squeak.

Example 3: Why are the teflon rep posts always loose?

Example 4: I don't expect to see serious key pulley either.

Whenever Steinway does come on line, it would be great to read an update on
improvements in quality control.

Perhaps I've said too much.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College