Lettering on Piano Plate

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Thu, 09 Nov 1995 12:57 -0500 (EST)

At 09:41 11/9/95 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>After refinishing a piano plate with bronzing powder, I am faced with the
>dilemma of how to affix the serial number and other assorted numbers to the
>plate.

I use a large rubber stamp available at office supply stores.  The numbers
are on a belt that goes around the stamp so you can set any combination of
numbers.  Stamp pad ink works fine but then you need to put a clear coat
over it.  These stamps come in a variety of sizes.  It is possible to find
letters as well but they are not as easy to find.

Ron