prepared piano prep video

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Thu, 09 Nov 1995 11:50:35 -0500 (EST)

In keeping with this discussion about piano mistreatment, I wanted to make
everyone aware of an excellent resource.

Alan Eder, piano technician at California Institute of Art in Santa Clarita,
CA, produced an excellent instructional video on proper techniques for prepared
piano work, to teach students and performers about the do's and don't's
regarding the parts of the piano and potential damage.

I have seen the video.  It is straightforward, thorough, and professional, just
like everything else that Alan does (for those of us who have the honor of
knowing him).  He does have copies for sale.  Alan is not on this list yet, but
he can be called at: 805-297-1123, or write to: POB 55533, Valencia, CA 91385.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College