Security-was Dead Bass Strings

David Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Mon, 06 Nov 1995 18:20:16 -0600 (CST)

Paul;

We have what I'd call "normal" security.  The recital halls are locked
when not in use, class rooms are locked at night, Practice rooms with
grand pianos are locked and only piano majors have keys.  However, things
still happen.  Fortunately, nothing like what you have now, but things
still happen.  The obvious - albeit elusive - answer to these problems
involves a change of character.  Locks, fines, etc. don't change
character.  What most of these vandals need is a good mother.

Dave Porritt
SMU - Dallas