bass bridge replace: glues? makers?

PaulStep@aol.com PaulStep@aol.com
Mon, 06 Nov 1995 13:23:51 -0500

I don't have any suggestions about whom to send bridges for duplication.  I
would not try to use CA glue to remount the bridge.  Most of them are too
brittle for this kind of thing. Quick setting epoxies are also not very
strong.  Anything which would give the kind of strength you need would
require at least over night curing.  Another disadvantage to the quick
setting epoxies I have used is their tendency to remain a little
flexible--not the kind of bond you need to transmit motion to the sound
board.