Broadwood Grand - A435?

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Mon, 06 Nov 1995 09:43:31 -0600

At  4:00 PM 11/4/95 -0700, John Delacour wrote:

>454 cps was the standard "high pitch" used at the time and woodwind
>instruments (eg. my Rudall Carte flute) were made to this pitch, which is
>evidence enough.

-------

I second these comments. If I remember correctly, the highest surviving
tuning fork was found at the NY Steinway factory. It was made to A460 in
the 1880's.
However, as there was no real standard at that time, I cannot speak with
any certainty about the Broadwood factory on this matter, except to say
that Broadwood was noted for being anything but progressive.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College