Broadwood Grand - A435?

John Delacour eremita@bournemouth-net.co.uk
Sat, 04 Nov 1995 22:59:14 +0000

At 20:16 03.11.95, John Musselwhite wrote:
 |: That was a fascinating article... unfortunately it doesn't say which issue
 |: and who the author was in the bit I typed out back then.

I seem to recognize it as coming from the English Edition of Helmholtz' On the Sensations of
Tone.  The info would have been collected by Alexander Ellis, the translator/editor (1885). A
reprint is available from Dover ISBN 0-486-60753-4.

454 cps was the standard "high pitch" used at the time and woodwind instruments (eg. my Rudall
Carte flute) were made to this pitch, which is evidence enough.

        John

         Delacour Piano Services - 34 Station Road, Parkstone
         Poole - Dorset BH14 8UD - England  +44 1202 731031
             Bass String Manufacturer - Piano Technician