Samick damper action

Don Mannino 74473.624@compuserve.com
Fri, 03 Nov 1995 20:18:14 -0500 (EST)

Larry Fisher wrote:

>>Have any of you experienced some binding damper actions on Samicks recently? .
. . .  I realize the right way to do things is to
repin every piece and that's just what I intend to do. . . . .  Have any of you
had this experience and what, if any, magic lubricant did you use to clear this
mess up, and how long did that last?????<<

I have Zero (0) experience specifically with Samick action parts, but if this is
the same center-pin-itis as in some other brands, lubrication is a waste of
time. You can get some temporary results by using alcohol and water, then
following with Protek or silicone / naptha. Don't count on it lasting (1 year
maybe, probably less considering the Piano Disc), but do count on having to deal
with the lubricant when you finally do repin it.

Having this problem come up from heavy use does indicate the same problem we had
at the other (ahem) company. Reaming and repinning will solve it permanently,
and it isn't as bad as all that.  Just buy the right tools . . . .

>>I know Don Magnito covered the subject of action centers rather completely at
one time mayhaps he could put a spark into this discussion.  What you say
Sparky??  If Ray Chandelier is near by mayhaps he too could shed some light on
this.<<

Oh puleeze. Some people will do anything when fishing for an answer, eh, Mr.
Fisher?

Don Mannino, RPT
74473.624@compuserve.com