South African technician

PianoBook@aol.com PianoBook@aol.com
Fri, 03 Nov 1995 11:31:47 -0500

A piano dealer/technician in South Africa writes me that his shop manager
will be in the Boston/New York areas in January, in part to take his RPT
exams (in Boston, I believe), and will then be returning to South Africa.
 While here he would like to meet people in the "quality end" of the trade.
 He writes, "Could you recommend people who do soundboard and wrestplank
replacement and also people who really specialize in hammer jobs.  We have
constant problems with matching new Abel hammers for old large pre-war German
uprights.  Part of my visit to Germany was to visit Renner and Abel and I did
not get very satisfactory answers to my questions, so it would be good to see
how you chaps solve these problems."

Anyone in the New York/Boston corridor who would have something to contribute
to this fellow, or who would like to meet him, or for that matter, anyone
else who might have some advice for him regarding his hammer problem, please
e-mail me privately, and I will forward your name or information to him.

Larry Fine