Blocked (stuck) action...

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Wed, 01 Nov 1995 14:41:57 -0600 (CST)

The post from Eric Leatha jogged my memory!

I had a similar situation with a no-name grand fresh from a long
distance move.  The bass end of the action would move back & forth some
but the treble end wouldn't budge in any direction.

Turns out that the action frame had ridden up on top of the shift lever
and was wedged between that and the pinblock (as I recall...).
I believe the solution was less than elegant and involved some brute
force and possibly the use of a much "bigger hammer"  :)

Good luck & let us all know the outcome!

Alan Crane, RPT
Wichita State University
crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu