Journal article

David Porritt dporritt@sun.cis.smu.edu
Mon, 29 May 1995 07:52:45 -0500 (CDT)

I aggree with Bill about the "secret" of good tone in a Steinway.  I have
long ago decided that there is no "The Secret" but rather lots of little
secrets that must be done well to make the piano sound great.  The problem
with the pursuit of One Important Step is that it detracts us from the
task of taking care of all the little things that make a piano great.

Dave Porritt, RPT
SMU - Dallas

"No matter what side of an argument you are on, you'll always
find people on your side that you wish were on the other side."
                           -Jasscha Heifetz