sandpaper

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 17 May 1995 09:11:47 -0500

On Wed, 17 May 1995 JHarvey440@aol.com wrote:

> >Does anyone know of a source for sandpaper in sheets larger then >the usual
> 9" X 11"?  I wanted to make a 10" sanding disk for my >table saw...
>
> Gordon,
>
> Two options from my perspective:
>
> 1) although your saw is 10", the disk itself doesn't have to be;
>
> 2) buy the plug-and-run aluminum disk from Sears, along with the matching
> paper. You may have to check out radial arm saw accessories, but they made
> one that was flat on one side and a slight taper on the other, the latter
> supposedly for preparing for gluing. Note that my information is dated -- they
>  may have disco'ed this item along with the catalog. But it's worth a try.

I believe Shopsmith may also have something like this.  If you call their
tollfree number (800/543-9396) they may send you a catalog.  I bought one
of their sanding disks (16" or 18") to use on my drill press for shaping
hammers -- it's set up so the sanding face is vertical like a table saw
blade.

Ron Torrella
Registered Piano Technician          Now Open: The Piano Page at Prairienet!
Piano Technicians Guild        http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html