Piano Page Future

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 22:57 -0500 (EST)

Here are some of the other things I'm thinking about adding:

More complete information about PTG, and the PTG Foundation.  A page of
"What is PTG", a page of "Member benefits", A list of chapters by State,
Examinations information.

A list of Piano technician organizations throughout the world.

Stuff about Teachers:  a list of Teacher organizations, links to any teacher
related information although rec.music.makers.piano is the only place I have
found so far with much information about teachers.  I will ask them on the
newsgroup if they can provide me with information after we get the
technician side of the page running.

A list of Schools and educational resources for learning piano technology.
Do we dare do this?  We already have this in the Resource guide published by
PTG.

A "What is an RPT" statement to go with the list of RPTs.  The list can
include links to any home pages of individual technicians.  I already have a
couple:  Ron Torella has one and I have one at the following address:
gopher://gopher.bev.net/00/BevBus/Doss

We might also want to list the technical books that PTG publishes and sells.
That may be getting too commercial for free server space but we'll have to
find out.

Journal archives.  We have someone working on the possibility of getting the
old Journals scanned and in electronic format.  After that is done we will
see what format is good for distribution:  CD, disk, online.  He thinks he
can compress it all into about 10M of data.

I have a few photos that were scanned by Earl Orcutt and put on compuserve,
but they don't shrink too well and photos are such big files that they will
make the page load slowly, espcially for those of us on 14,400 modems and
not on direct hookup.  If any of you have some good piano related clipart,
please let me know.

Oh Yes, we need to get the PTG logo in GIF format to go with the PTG
information.

That's about all I can think of right now,  Send me your ideas.

Ron
Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net

Collect 1000 of these signatures and win a free trip to Cyberspace!!