Journal article index

Bill Spurlock, RPT 74077.3053@compuserve.com
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 21:41:28 -0500 (EST)

RE: finding Journal articles on particular topics, Frank Emerson, RPT sells a
piano technology database that he compiled. It contains an index of articles
--not the articles themselves--from over 30 technical publications, including
the PT Journal. They range from the Newslewtter of the American Brahms Society
to Musical Merchandise Review to Wood & Fiber Science. Searches can be made by
date, subject, keyword, author, or combinations of these. It provides a much
easier way to locate articles than searching through piles of old Journals.

System requirements are: a 286 or higher PC with either a 5 1/4" or 3 1/2"
floppy drive, and 10 Meg of hard drive space.

I find the program very easy to use, and quite fast. As I remember, the price is
around $75.00, but that's a gues. It's called the PTECH Piano Technology
Database, PC Softworks, 4406 Stonebrook Dr., Jonesboro, AR 72401; 501/972-5417.