listserv problems

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 09:01:20 -0700

To all pianotech subscribers:

I received a message this AM asking about recent listserv
problems, so I called our system administrator and this is what I
found out.  Last Friday, the server that had been running
pianotech was shut down and everything was moved to another
server.  During the transition, nothing was supposed to go wrong,
but anything could have, and apparently some things did.  I know
I received several messages twice, and some people had to
send twice to get a message through.  Things should be back to
normal now, I hope.

I just received a phone call from Joe Vitti, who works for a school
in New York and is the developer of Protek.  He is subscribing to
the list, so some interesting conversations could develop on
lubricants.

Jack
jack_reeves@byu.edu