trouble on rec.music.makers.pianos!

John Minor jminor@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 00:38:47 -0600

Trouble on rec.music.makers.pianos!!! For those of you who maintain a
presence on this group you need to know that a Schimmel dealer in Omaha
is posting nonsense replies to folks asking honest questions. He may just
hang himself with his brashness, but he may disseminate considerable
hype before doing so. He posts as SRENIER@AOL.COM and I will enclose a few
of his posts.
From: srenier@aol.com (SRenier)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 21:24:34 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.music.makers.piano
Subject: Re: 1920 Steinway Grand

mARK:

How can you advise these people to go for the Steinway.  What is rebuilt?
Bridges can cost a fortune,   Action parts can run a ton.  Some
technicians would misinform the public.... but most would say buy new like
Schimmel and hand it down in the family for 3 or 4 generations... the
rebuilt won't go more than 10 yhears without some repair.    I know.....I
rebuild them for a living.