Kawai University Program

Barbara Richmond berich@heartland.bradley.edu
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 10:37:57 -0600 (CST)

Vince,

I think that Jet is probably the same *type* of glue as the
Dryburghs--I'm not totally up to date (don't live in Kansas
City) and haven't used them.  I originally was taught to use
acidic acid (from a camera shop) mixed with some water to reset
glue.  I would put an action in a cradle, flip it upside down
and use a Q-tip to moisten the manner head/shank glue joints
and them let them dry.  It must have been about five years ago
that I was at a Wisconsin State Seminar and Joel Jones talked
about using the different varieties of super glues--dabbing it
on loose glue joints.  There was a type that he recommended at
the time (Zap? It was a long time ago!), but when I went to the
local hobby shop they were out of it and the salesperson re-
commended Jet.  It comes in three flavors--instant (blue label)
super (orange) and another thicker, slower setting (yellow).

I've used both the blue and the orange on glue joints.  I've
satisfied with both, but it's easier to control/handle the
less runny orange.  Jet probably isn't as good as the Dry-
burghs, but it's convenient; the hobby shop is just a short
stroll from IWU.  I did have a problem one time with some that
was slow to set up--it must have been old.  I took it back and
got a new bottle.  I like it because it has a long narrow
nozzle/spout that makes it easy to access upright jacks.

Barbara Richmond
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois
berich@heartland.bradley.edu