o'sized pins

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 09 Mar 1995 08:15:45 -0500

John Minor rote:
<<You mention the tuning pins as " 0 ".  Do you mean one 0?  That is to say
.276 or so?  I had always thougth that Steinway used 00 pins in new pianos,
that is .282>>

Sorry about that. "o'sized" is my shorthand for oversized.

Thanks gang, for the fast response to this. I should have mentioned that this
is an estimate going into a long-range budget plan at a local community
college. (Just in case you thought the piano was involved in a lawsuit and I
was fishing for expert witnesses on pianotech@byu.edu.) The first extimate
went in yesterday. I'm appending an extra to it for pinblock replacement (as
necessary), based on last night's email. What I'll do is put a few 3/0 pins
in next week, and in the future year when the restring/reblock's number comes
up, see what the 3/0s feels like then.

Bill Ballard RPT      "All God's Children got Rythm"
NH Chapter, PTG         Ivy Anderson in "A Day at the Races"